Songs I've enjoyed recently
on 21 Mar 2009.
Tagged with music.
- Alanis Morissette – Hands Clean. "We'll forward to a few years later." What is wrong with me?
- Razorlight – Wire to Wire. "What is love but the strangest of feelings? / A sin you swallow for the rest of your life? / You've been looking for someone to believe in / To love you, until your eyes run dry."
- Coldplay – Fix You. Sane people like those at Pitchfork say: "'Lights will guide you home / And ignite your bones / And I will try to fix you,' sang Martin on X&Y's "Fix You", a gag-inducing bit of motivational flotsam that came off like self-parody." Coldplay might be the musical equivalent to a chick flick, but you know what? Don't worry about it.
- Morrissey – First of the Gang to Die. "You have never been in love, / Until you've seen the stars, / reflect in the resevoirs. // And you have never been in love, / Until you've seen the dawn rise, / behind the home for the blind."
- Milow – Ayo Technology. This is a cover of a song by 50 Cent and Justin Timberlake, so expect a certain amount of metaphorical explicitness. The "I'm tired of using technology" line is great.
- Bob Dylan – Girl from the North Country. "I'm a-wonderin' if she remembers me at all. / Many times I've often prayed / In the darkness of my night, / In the brightness of my day."
- David Bowie – Heroes. "Though nothing, nothing will keep us together / We can beat them, forever and ever / Oh, we can be heroes just for one day."
- Virginie Ledoyen – Mon Amour, Mon Ami. "Toi mon amour, mon ami / Quand je rêve c'est de toi / Mon amour, mon ami / Quand je chante c'est pour toi".
It would have been more comfortable to create a playlist at YouTube, but I just don't believe in registering accounts and managing passwords any more (there's OpenID, you know).